Information we collect
We may collect information to provide better services to all of our users – primarily for the support of users when help is needed, and the backup and management of fields across devices.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to be signed up for an account. When this happens, you will be asked for personal information, like your name and email address to store with your account.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you sync your fields for back up, or if you log a feedback request. This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware serial number) and may associate your device specific information to your account.
When you create a support request we automatically create and store certain information on our server to assist in resolving the request. This includes:
- Details of how you used our products, such as your interaction with the user interface, tasks undertaken and performance data around those tasks.
- Positioning information like your GPS location, location with respect to the field, orientation, reference source location, phone signal strength and connection.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, software configuration, the date and time of your support request and any user input message accompanying the support request.
We may collect and store information locally on your device, for example for the purposes of software configuration or maintaining a support log until a connection to our servers is established.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect Smart Apply and our users.
Smart Apply processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Smart Apply unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Smart Apply when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With your Smart Apply dealer
If your Account is managed for you by a dealer then your dealer who provides the user training and support to your organization will have some access to your Account information (including your email and other data). Your dealer may be able to:
- View your fields.
- Change your account password, or force you to.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- For legal reasons.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Smart Guided Systems if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Smart Apply, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect Smart Apply and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL/TLS.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Smart Apply employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities